Adrian Williams, Chairman and owner of DM plc, based in Ross on Wye.
The group was formed over 10 years go by Adrian, but Strike Lucky Games Ltd and Purely Creative Ltd, the founder members of the group, have been trading for over 20 years and are involved in customer recruitment activities of gamecards and direct marketing mailings.
We’ve come a long way since then.
The initial activities have been complemented and enhanced in recent years by the group’s expansion in the consumer lifestyle data and direct marketing sector. Strengthened by a strong and growing customer base, the group is a significant force in online and offline lead generation across a wide range of media.
The most recent acquisition to the DM group is Accolade Publishing Ltd, which operates the largest online comping websites including theprizefinder.com, compersnews.com and competitionhunter.com. It became part of the group in September 2015 and has now been successfully integrated.
Prior to this, the most significant events are:
· 2013: Growth in Lead Generation. DLG/PDV’s multi-channel data and expert services saw major contracts signed with E.ON, ScottishPower and British Gas.
· 2012: RMT (Rich Media Text) service released was a breakthrough in mobile marketing.
· January 2012: Scheme of Arrangement accepted by over 90% of shareholders and cancellation of DM shares from AIM. DM plc now privately owned by Adrian Williams and still operates from Ross on Wye.
· December 2011: Recommended cash offer by Adrian Williams to acquire the entire share capital not already owned by him through a Scheme of Arrangement.
· November 2008: Acquired Data Locator Group Ltd (DLG) out of Administration. Adrian Williams said “DLG is one of the largest providers of consumer lifestyle data to the UK direct marketing industry and provides DM with the opportunity to create the market leading fully integrated off and online lead generation and direct marketing services group.”
· October 2006: Acquired “The Winners Club” the core trading subsidiaries of AIM listed Invox’s Home Gaming division, which Adrian Williams believed will enable DM to maximise new opportunities by combining our expertise.
· April 2006: Acquired the entire share capital of Dodd Marketing Ltd from Adrian Williams to continue to expand DM’s activities by further exploiting Group’s core skills in relation to home gaming and direct marketing.
· May 2005: Purely Creative Ltd settled earn-out obligation in full to Thus plc.
· March 2005: Strike Lucky Games Ltd exercised option to acquire Purely Creative Ltd and simultaneously completed acquisition of the shares.
· October 2004: Purely Creative Ltd acquired the business and assets of the ‘Creative Division’ of Thus plc for an initial consideration of £50,000. A separate earn-out is also payable to Thus plc by Purely Creative subject to the performance of Purely Creative.
· October 2004: Acquisition of Strike Lucky Games Ltd and listing on AIM through reverse takeover of non-trading company Hawthorn Holdings plc. Change of name to DM plc.